Please read this section before completing the form.
Thank you for considering Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales) in your search for a new companion and good luck with your application.
After you have pressed Submit you will receive an on-screen acknowledgement which means your application has been safely received. If you don’t receive this, please email us to check receipt.
We consider all applications on their own merit but in general, we don’t re-home where there are children under 5 years, resident animals must be neutered and either fully vaccinated or titer tested, and most dogs wouldn’t cope with being left alone for more than a total of 4 hours per day on a regular basis (2 hours for puppies).
**Please give as much information as possible in your application as initial evaluations are based on the form so if there’s anything you feel we should know or would help your application please make sure you include it.**
Everyone who works with FPARSW does so on a voluntary basis so we would ask for your patience if you don’t hear back from us immediately regarding your application. If you do not receive some communication within 7 days, please email to check we have received your application – firstname.lastname@example.org. We mainly contact applicants via email so be sure to check yours regularly. PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW UP BY PHONE.
How the process works
- Complete on-line Application form.
- If not successful you will be notified by email, if short-listed you will be phoned by the foster carer to discuss your chosen dog and your application further.
- If the call goes well and both parties feel it could be a good match we will arrange a home check for you – usually this can be completed within a few days. Outside of South Wales it can take a little longer but we are very happy to rehome all over the UK. All family members must be present at the home check visit.
- Following a successful home-check you will be contacted by the foster carer to make arrangements for you to have an initial visit to the dog at his/her foster home – the visit must include all family members plus resident dog(s).
- Dogs won’t be rehomed at the first visit so as to give all parties time to consider whether the home/dog are a good match. If all is well and everyone agrees it’s a good match there will be a second visit to collect your chosen dog.
- Minimum donation for dogs is £165 and cats is £55. Other animals may vary, please contact us for further info regarding this.
Thank you for considering FPARSW for your new family member.