Please see below for our current vacancies
Volunteer Website Administrator / Webmaster / Social Media Assistant
Four Paws Animal Rescue South Wales (FPARSW) are looking for one or two people to be our Webmaster/Social Media Managers.
Join us and be a part of a 100+ strong network of dedicated volunteers across South Wales from homecheckers, foster carers and fundraisers!
The role is required to assist the Trustees with the digital running of the charity as well as system and website maintenance.
Voluntary work looks great on your CV and this position will give you experience in a variety of areas which you can apply to any paid work you do too!
As Webmaster/Social Media Manager your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Regular maintenance of the WordPress-based website (plugin updates, spam cleaning, image uploading,etc).
- Maintenance of our online-based adoption system Shelter Manager (updating animal information when required, uploading photos, ensuring adoptables are live, etc).
- Regular administration of the official and public social media pages of FPARSW (posting adoptable animal promotional posts, posting about upcoming events, etc).
- Replying to emails from the Trustees and volunteers via email (you’ll have your own email account given to you).
- Any other assistance the Trustee team may require on an ad-hoc basis.
More about the role:
- The role should take no more than a few hours per week of your time.
- Majority of work will take place remotely at your home.
- This role is voluntary and as such has no pay attached.
We are ideally looking for someone who ticks the below boxes however full, in-depth training will be given to the successful candidate(s):
- Is competent in using computers without supervision.
- Has experience with using all aspects of social media and its back-end business tools, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and being able to use all their tools to help grow the charities reach online.
- Has experience with using WordPress and all its features.
- Has experience in using online-based software.
- Shows a willingness to learn quickly, efficiently and able to work on own initiative.
- Works well alone and in a small team.
- Has experience in using photo editing software (Photoshop, Affinity Photo, etc) this is not required but would be an advantage.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete the application form.
For more information please email email@example.com to speak to the person currently doing this role.
Volunteer Own Vehicle Animal Transporters Wanted
Do you love dogs? Are you retired or someone with spare days on your hands?
Are you able to provide transport on a regular, weekly basis on a set day each week?
Then we may have the opportunity for you!
Four Paws Animal Rescue are looking for people to help transport animals across South Wales, primarily in the Newport and Cardiff region.
This would involve using your own vehicle or our van (subject to it’s avaliability) with provided car barriers, cages etc to collect animals and take to vet appointments or move them between locations.
Applicants will need to have a clean driving licence with 2 years worth of driving experience .They will be required to inform their insurance company that your vehicle will be used for volunteering purposes (a letter can be provided for this.)
This is an unpaid voluntary role however mileage can be paid if using your own vehicle.
No experience is necessary (apart from being able to drive!) and we welcome applicants from any background. Full training will be provided as well as ongoing support.
If driving the charity van, you would need to be over 25 years old, due to insurance purposes.
This role will be subject to a trial period of 1 month.
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales) rescue and rehome animals in South Wales and beyond and everyone that works for us is an unpaid volunteer. We have a friendly Facebook group to provide ongoing help and support to our team.
To apply please visit this link: Apply Here
Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org